Beginners Photography Workshop
I’m currently revamping my business, having shifted to part-time photography. For the time being I’ll be focusing on providing "One to One" sessions, commercial commisions and publishing more photography books and photo 'zines'. As such, no further group courses are scheduled at this time. Thanks, Rod.
Is this course for me?
This full day for Photography beginners focuses on both the creative and technical essentials to kick-start your photography, helping you create better images. The workshops take place in the world class surroundings of the Lake District - a landscape photography Mecca. Learning as part of a group can be fun and it's also great value for money with a day course starting from only £89.
If you're new to digital photography or looking to make the most of that fancy camera you bought a while back but never got around to reading the instruction book! The emphasis is on learning skills, not covering numerous locations.
The course is aimed at developing participants understanding & confidence and providing knowledge and experience around the fundamental building blocks required to progress your photography.
What will I learn about?
• Understanding what kit is essential for your photography
• Overview of camera controls and functions
• Taking greater control of the camera – moving out of automatic modes
• Using Aperture and Speed modes and understanding when to use them
• Developing your skill and understanding of image composition
• Deploying simple tools/techniques to improve image making
How long does it last?
This one day course lasts a minimum of 6 hours.
Equipment for you to bring along?
• Digital SLR / Bridge Camera
• Instruction booklet
• Any lenses you have
• Tripod & Filters(if you have them)
• Packed lunch (weather dependant we may head to a pub/cafe for lunch)
Course will run with minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 people
£89 per person - includes:
• Course fee
• Any transport between locations once you're at our prearranged location
• Course notes
• Free email enquiry service for 12 months after the course
Next Available Dates
See note above - no further dates scheduled for the time-being
Courses will be located around Ullswater or Derwent Water
If you have three or more people lined up who wish to attend as a group, we can work with you to provide a date just for you wherever we can, just drop us a message.